Modesto Lafuente School Rules

 

Develop an action plan

 

NAME: María García Santos

AGE GROUP/S YOU TEACH:  upper primary

SUBJECT/S YOU TEACH: English

 

1.    I would like to share my evaluation criteria with my group of students which are in Year 6. As evaluation should not be a secret, I will show them the evaluation grid so they can understand and have a guide on how evaluation takes place.

 To develop this action plan, I am going to coordinate with my colleague María Aránzazu (Year 4) in order to follow the same evaluation system.

First of all, I will share with my students the evaluation criteria of the mini project for the English class. The mini project deals with the use of the structure “must/must” and is included under the Didactic Unit “My School”.

The project title is “Modesto Lafuente School Rules” and consists of writing 16 simple rules of school life. The evaluation criteria will be the following:

-          Students are able to make up sentences with the  structure “I must…/ I musn´t…”

-          Students are able to defend orally 8 affirmative sentences and 8 negative sentences.

 


In order to get a 10/10 mark in their oral presentation students should say 16 correct sentences. For each incorrect or missed sentence, one point was discounted. Only 5 wrong sentences were allowed to pass the oral test of the project.

I implemented the mini project within my group of students last week. All of them achieved marks of 6/10 or above. Sharing the evaluation criteria definitely benefit them. Furthermore, after the oral presentation the feedback was immediate as they are aware of the evaluation criteria and the mark they achieved.

Comentarios